Christine Angelini is an Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Coastal Solutions (CCS). Founded in 2020, CCS works across disciplines–ecology, engineering, health, computer sciences, policy and communications–to develop and deliver research and technology solutions that support coastal communities in addressing hazards and environmental degradation. A hallmark of the center’s innovation is the integration of large data sets, artificial intelligence and supercomputing to rapidly simulate coastal environmental scenarios and produce data driven solutions.…
- Research interests: metagenomics, particularly sediment DNA and conservation-oriented population genomics
- Associate Professor, Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Affiliates: College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Global Human-Wildlife Interactions Lab
- Research interests: Biodiversity conservation, wildlife ecology, natural resource management, and human-wildlife interactions.
- Assistant Professor, Ft Lauderdale Research and Extension Center, Dept of Agronomy, Applied Phycology
- Research areas: Cyanobacteria, cyanotoxins, systematics, environmental influences on macroalgae and microbial photoautotrophs, bioremediation, detection and effects of bioactive compounds
- Dr. Jimmy Liao graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in biology at Wesleyan University. He earned an M.A. and Ph.D. in biology from Harvard University. He was a postdoctoral fellow and research associate in the department of neurobiology at Cornell University.
- Research: One aspect of my research looks at how fish can recycle the energy of turbulent flows to save swimming energy.