Rule Development in the DEP Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection
Matthew DePaolis, Coastal Policy Analyst Fellow, Center for Coastal Solutions / UF Law Conservation Clinic & Florida Sea Grant Legal Program
- 62S-7: Sea Level Impact Projection (SLIP) Studies for State-Financed Coastal Construction
- Section 161.551 of the Florida Statute requires state-financed constructors must submit a SLIP study to the DEP before construction commences.
- In this rule the DEP defines the requirements of the constructors, the SLIP Study standards, the implementation of the SLIP study findings, and how DEP will enforce the rule.
- Notice of proposed rule was published April 2, 2021, and can be found in the link here. No written requests were received for a public hearing and none will be held.
- 62S-8: Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience Plan
- Section 380.093 of the Florida Statutes requires the DEP to create requirements relating to the Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience Plan and project submittal requirements.
- Entities potentially affected include coastal and inland communities including counties, municipalities, water management districts, flood control districts, and regional resilience entities.
- The subject matter will include sea level rise, flooding, infrastructure, planning, vulnerability, and resilience related to the development of the Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience Plan.
- Notice of Rule Development was published in the Florida Administrative Review was published Aug. 2, 2021. Link can be found here.